7. Special collections, c. 1920-2010
Scope and Contents
These special collections consist of items that were kept together by DPCA and related to a particular subject, notable person, or Doberman Pinscher. Most collections are titled after the persons that created or are the subject of the materials, although some are titled for a specific Doberman Pinscher that is the subject of the collection. The German collection contains German-language materials and a scrapbook of two Dobermans imported from Germany.
- c. 1920-2010
Language of Materials
The bulk of this collection is in English. There are also some periodicals, books, and pedigrees in German.
Two document boxes comprising governance files and National Specialty records are restricted and inaccessible due to the presence of inactive mold. Please see the archivist for details. The rest of the This collection is open to research without restrictions.
From the Collection: 141.52 Linear Feet (170 boxes) : in 64 document boxes, 6 legal-sized boxes, 7 cartons, 56 flat photo/folder boxes, 2 photo album boxes, 5 DVD/CD boxes, 1 slide box, 33 oversize boxes of varying sizes.
This series is arranged into eleven special collections, ordered chronologically:
- 7.1 Marjorie "Maggie" Hilliard collection
- 7.2 Eleanor Carpenter collection
- 7.3 John T. Brueggeman collection
- 7.4 War and Pilot Dogs collection
- 7.5 Ch. Luz v. Rodeltal collection
- 7.6 German collection
- 7.7 Frank L. Grant memorial collection
- 7.8 William "Bill" T. Haines collection
- 7.9 Len Carey and Ch. Rancho Dobe's Storm memorial collection
- 7.10 Rod and Margaret Carveth collection
- 7.11 Larry and Shirley Clardy collection